Sunday, January 2, 2011

it's been a while!

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday season. I'm sad to see it go since that means we'll have to take down our Christmas tree soon. Boo. We worked so hard on it and it was just the perfect size. Believe it or not, we fit it on top of Candice's (my roommate) mini cooper - the guys that we bought it from got a laugh out of that. 




I'm going to give a little recap of the holidays and then tomorrow I will post with much more related to training, nutrition, etc. 


I had such a wonderful christmas day and christmas eve filled with old friends and new ones. Thanks to the wonderful Naylor family who invited me to house - it was so much fun at their neighbors on on christmas eve (I've decided I would like to host a friends party like this in the future!). On christmas day, I think Brooke's dog, Fenway, received more presents than anyone, haha. But in all seriousness, it was an amazing day with some pretty stellar people. Thanks to Dave, Gail, Brooke, Cheryl and Fenway!


My brother came later on christmas day up from Brooklyn and he spent some time in Boston for the first time in a while. We endured the first blizzard of the season (which was actually pretty awesome), watched some football (real football) and just hung out. It was so good to see him. We tried to build a snowman, but that didn't work out all that well, so we built a "snow cone" instead. This was definitely my idea and I'm taking all of the credit because it was such a lame idea :)




For new years, some friends invited us up to a house in New Hampshire - it was a very welcomed trip out of the city. The house is on a gorgeous farm and close to Sunapee. I really wanted to snowboard, but I'm in fear of hurting myself before the marathon. However, we decided to snowshoe which was tons of fun and a great workout! We were out for about 2 hours or so and even forged through an untouched hiking trail. Thanks Sarf for doing most of the work! I'm thinking that owning a pair of snowshoes would be a great idea so we'll see if another opportunity presents itself to go this winter. Here are some pictures from our trek: 


Me, Kelsey, Sarf (snowshoe model) and Ryan


Creating our own trail!
Me and Ryan - taking a short rest.

Just a quick few notes and like I said, I'll be back on track this week. 
  1. I felt GREAT on both of my long runs this week. I did what Rick suggested (run 9 minutes, walk 1 minute). It's amazing how much longer I can run and how much better I feel doing that. 
  2. I also didn't feel so great from holiday food and drink - though I'm not going to make a resolution list, I'm definitely going to be much stricter from now until the marathon on what I eat and drink. 
  3. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to everyone who helped me reach my first fundraising goal of $1500! There are so many of you that have gone above and beyond to support Jumpstart and me; though I will be sending you all personal thank you's, I just couldn't finish this post without say thanks and I appreciate every donation!
Back to work tomorrow - 3 miles in the morning!

Goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment