Wednesday, January 12, 2011

snow day!

Now it really feels like winter. Our long run on Saturday was in the snow and it was snowing - it was actually quite beautiful! We did ten miles and it was great to have Lauren and Jen to run with because it's so much more motivating when you have someone running along side you. I felt good for a majority of the run, but the last hill we ran was tough and my legs were not happy. Aside form the general tired feeling though I didn't feel fatigued really once I got home.


This week I'm focusing on running in the morning. Monday I ran 3 miles and yesterday (Tuesday) I ran 5 miles, both in the AM. It feels good to have it done before even going to work. The downside is that I feel hungry all day, but I know that just means my body needs some fuel. One thing I always have on hand are nutrition bars in case I'm out and about and really need food, but it's not necessarily a meal time. My favors are Larabars, Luna bars and Mojo bars (Luna and Mojo are both Clif products). Larabars are especially good because they are all natural and usually only include dried fruit, nuts and some spices or small amounts of juice concentrate. My favorite one was discontinued, but I love the cherry pie, apple pie and Ginger snap flavors. I actually just bought 10 today because they were on sale! At some point I'm going to attempt to make a version at home, but for now I'll stick with buying them.


Today's snow storm has been way more severe than I expected, but still, businesses are open and things seem to be carrying on (such a change from WA). I'm going to a yoga class tonight for my cross training - only my second class ever (I'm definitely still learning).


Looking forward to the upcoming 3 day weekend! Enjoy the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment