Friday, January 7, 2011

thanks boston.

I always manage to jam pack my schedule and had to get a little creative to fit in my run yesterday. I'm still having trouble getting up in the morning to run before work. Anyone have some good sleeping through the night tips? I had rehearsal last night for my a cappella group (Funkin A') so I decided to run home from work and used google pedometer to map out a 5 mile route. Admittedly it was a bit screwy and I had to write street names on my hand to remember where I was going, but it worked out well. 


Running from my office, which is in Boston, to my apartment, in Cambridge, means I have to cross a bridge somewhere. I decided to cross the Harvard Bridge (Mass Ave Bridge), though usually it's the most windy. Right when I hit the middle of the bridge I was at a point to walk for a minute. I took that entire minute to really take everything in - the city is so pretty at night and it was amazing to look at both the Boston and Cambridge side. The river was frozen in many areas and I walked backwards a bit to really take everything in. 


I've spent 2 1/2 years now living in Boston/Cambridge and though I knock it sometimes (ok - a lot; it's no Pacific Northwest), I do have to say it's been a pretty great 2 1/2 years. All of my friends, Jumpstart, Funkin' A and the many other great things I've been involved in here have been wonderful. 


So what I really want to say is: thank you, Boston, for letting me call you home.


Tonight my a cappella group is opening for one of our members' improv comedy troupes (Kitsch In Sync). We're looking for a soprano if you know of anyone who'd be interested!


Tomorrow's group run: 10 miles. Looking forward to running with Lauren, Mark and Jen, and all of the other coalition runners!

No comments:

Post a Comment