Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It's official.

I've been named a member of the Jumpstart Boston Marathon team. In my usual style, I was completely oblivious to the fact that my co-workers set me up (as well as the other staff member who was accepted) and gathered everyone to celebrate. Lauren F. is one good fibber, I'll tell you that.

So now the hard part begins; the planning, the training, the fundraising. It's a lot to take in but I'm looking forward to the first team meeting, the first team training run, and my first fundraising event.

I'm also looking forward to sharing my experiences with anyone who wants to join me by reading my blog and participating at events (if you're remote - you'll be there in spirit!). I promise you that the events won't let you down :)

As for the blog, I intend to post 4 times per week. Each post will be different and focus in different categories: training, food (nutrition and recipes), articles, video, podcasts, etc. Over the next 5 months I hope that you'll find at least something interesting or useful that you can apply to your own training or everyday life.

I also want to say a big thank you to Mark, Katy and Shrina for having the faith in me to accomplish my goals on behalf of Jumpstart. I'm so honored to be a part of this team and that my co-worker Jen will be my teammate.

Any feedback or suggestions you have - please share! I'll see you out there!




1 comment:

  1. Dana this is amazing! You're going to absolutely rock this!

    ReplyDelete