Sunday, November 21, 2010

baby it's cold outside.

It's only the beginning of cold weather and yet today I found myself reminiscing about summer with my boyfriend. I went on two runs this weekend - 4 miles on Saturday and 5 miles today (Sunday). I tried to pick the "warmest" times of the day so both runs were around 2:30PM.


I ran into Huron Village on Saturday, which has become one of my favorite places to run. For long runs I like to go up to Fresh Pond and back - the houses in that area are so pretty and I usually see many dogs. I should have paid more attention to what might be happening in Cambridge that day because I completely missed the fact that it was the Harvard/Yale game and it had let out not that long before I was running through Harvard Square. Needless to say it was a mess.


This evening's run was much quieter - I chose to to run most of it along the Charles on the Boston side. I mapped out a 5 mile route and headed off in: long running pants (fleece lined), gloves, t-shirt, and sweatshirt. I left the hat at home this time around because it wasn't has windy as it has been. I downloaded the most recent episode of Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me, which is such a great podcast in general, but also a great one to run with. I was a bit embarrassed when I started laughing out loud though when I was passing by people. 


Today was the first day that I used a wonderful gift my boyfriend gave me as an early Christmas present - The Stick! It's great for muscle soreness, knots and chronic injuries. I've liked using foam rollers in the past, but this really help you target certain muscles and I don't think it's as painful overall. I imagine I'm going to be using this a lot from here on out. 


What's a Sunday without baking? I made a few things tonight - I'll share them soon. 


Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment