Wednesday, December 8, 2010

my fate is in the schedule.

Happy Wednesday! Today I went to the gym, which is conveniently right across the street from my office. I have no excuse to not go - that can be good or bad depending on how you look at it. I've started week one of my training, which will be the easiest week yet. Today I did 1 hour total of cross training:
  • 10 minutes warmup (elliptical)
  • 40 minutes strength training
  • 10 minutes cool down (elliptical)
As the weather gets colder and colder, I think I'm going to look forward to the cross training days more and more. I will run on the tredmill from time to time, but my goal is to run at least 3 of my weekly runs outside per week. 

I'll be using a training plan that my coach Rick put together and it is very well designed, focusing on rest and total weekly milage (note the pattern of Saturday runs). Below is the schedule - I hope you'll follow along with me (and hopefully some of you might run with me!). Click on it to enlarge.


Tomorrow I'll run 4 miles (outside) and I'm looking forward to Saturday's run with the team, especially since we'll be having a holiday party that evening! 

Have a great night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment