Tuesday, February 8, 2011

nothing to say.

It is not usual that I sit down, wanting to blog, but then nothing comes to mind. I feel like I'm reliving writers block in college all over again. This relates to hitting a wall in running; wanting to run or train but can't get worked up or convinced to go. Usually I overcome this quickly, but there has been two times during training thus far that I just can't muster the physical or mental engery to go out and run. I've learned that this isn't such a bad thing for me though because I've ended up get things done that I've been stressed about or have on my mind to get done.

Moving forward, I have been thinking about what I can do if any of these days happen again. Our team coach told us that if we ever decide to do cross training instead, we should double the amount of time we would have spent running. My favorite cross training is days include 30-45 minutes of strength training and 30-45 minutes on the elliptical. If I substitute a run for crossing training in the future, I might find myself in the gym for longer than that, but probably will never go for more than 2 hours at one time.

The weather certinaly hasn't made training easy either. I want to blame lack of motivation at times because of the weather, but honestly feel like it's a cop out. Everyone in Boston is going through the same weather and same hardships - come marathon day I hope that the snow is gone, as well as the puddles! Yesterday I ran home for the first time in a while since it's dark when I leave work. I managed to step in snow up to my mid-calf and then decided that I need to make better choices when choosing a path or route. I am anticipating,  though, that there will be many articles saying this is the toughest winter to train for the marathon since 1996 (that says something!).

The wind is whipping outside my window right now and all I'm thinking is "is it spring yet?"

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment